Sunday, February 18, 2018

Water

The whole plan had been not only to skip camp poor and proceed on the camp five on an island but to go to pellicle mine or however you say that and get water from the museum on the side of the building like I’ve already done the planning it it was advantageous to have fog or to do it on a Sunday morning we know when would be around so I decided to get up early about 3 o’clock brand of getting up at 2:30 and take off and paddle over to Beco mine I think that’s how you say it and get water well hauling water doesn’t sound like that big job but when you haven’t had enough sleep and you’re really not used to paddling and you’re still getting in shape for this Mississippi River trip then hauling water when your arms are killing you basically is a challenge that’s unbelievable as it was I carried 246 810 about 10 gallons and portage them piece by piece from the sealed up block over the levee to my kayak and back to pick up the rest of them from the side of the museum.

I’d already done this once and this time I was planning on continuing on not just with the water but to go on farther up river to the ferry or at least the ferry dock and walk up to McDonald’s and try to upload photos as well as maybe get something to eat and that worked pretty good but as it turned out everything was farther than it looked from the island camp that I was on it was 2 miles to the water from the water it was probably 3 miles to the ferry now McDonald’s with your close but unfortunately uploading pictures they cut me off about halfway through which it was OK probably register data limit.

The thing that’s not mentioned about being in Pako mine was that over the levee it was warm on the river side of the levee it was foggy and extremely cold going from one extreme to the other was almost a 15° drop in temperature that was amazing.

As it turned out my plan to go from McDonald’s was to get out of there early so that way I can try to paddle approximate 18 river miles to camp five which I was surprised that once I started it seem to go better than I thought mainly because I was still foggy and I guess because I was excited to finally be back on the water after having camp for so long on the first island

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

I really don’t know anything about Instagram except for that you couldn’t get Instagram unless you had an iPhone. Honestly I don’t know if t...