Friday, February 16, 2018

Looking back is the only way to plan ahead...,

My first night was here underneath his tarp secured better than that with the umbrella on the north end and no real protection from the south end or from the Riverside.

It was on the beach and I had already landed once on the island and found a 12 foot to 15 foot cliff that I scaled realize that I couldn’t use it for camp on the north end but had late at night worked my way on the east side of the island defined the landing and is soon as I saw a log and some trees to try to I decided to land here and throw up a tarp and was planning to sleep just rolled up in one but did make a shelter which proved to be wise.

No I would like to say that everything went hunky-dory until the morning but unfortunately it was a long night I had already been too tired and more than overworked and over exhausted when I landed but sheer determination causeway to pitch a tarp and to get all the gear offloaded and then as they saw the waters to get the kayak out of the water because a barge pass by on the east side that I didn’t expect and it had quite a week.

So thinking I was doing well I crawled into my mommy bag and covered myself with my blankets and ate some honey nut Cheerios because I hadn’t eaten all day and I had paddled 15 miles to get here and edit been pretty much uneventful except for the very last part where I got caught in some reports on the oh I’d say on the curve on the southside that would be on the east side of the river as facing going south it would be on the left side but then I came around the bend and there was the island and so I made landfall but unfortunately as soon as I fell asleep I found myself covered in ants black ants billions of black ants, tiny ants.

and tour and everything including my precious honey nut Cheerios bag that I had rolled up closed and they seem to be crawling around in my sugar jar so quickly with my headlight on my flashlight I summed up the situation and decided on Atlantean and found my bug spray and started spraying the outside of containers and spraying myself to tarp the sleeping bag because I had woke up with ants all over my face I feed my body and ass the ants touched any of these places coming out of the jar they died so by morning when I finally got a chance to look at everything there was nothing inside any of the containers but on the outside antmageddon had happened.

No I’m not bashful and I admit to using biological warfare against ants and probably anything else that I might decide that I’ve had enough and I’m going to use modern technology against it I am not a tree hugger but when I’m kayaking I am a ghost tiger or a beach order so that I kind of stayed to one side or the other the river but when it comes to green piece and everything else of course there’s a certain amount of problematic usage of over using pesticides and other modern conveniences that we have but there’s also a time and a place to use them this was my time this was my place and this was definitely not a place for ants to win but I was exhausted.

So of course after I conquered the ants I went back to sleep and suddenly heard pouring down rain now it wasn’t scheduled to rain it wasn’t supposed to rain and yet there was rain so I organize my gear covered it and make sure nothing was going to get soaked and went back to sleep.

of course that was at the end my night suddenly in the middle of the night realize I was freezing and I needed to cover up even more so I grab another blanket and a tarp and pulled him over my head even though I was in my mommy that it wasn’t supposed to be that cold and yet it was because a windstorm had come up and it was blowing out of the north and I was freezing.

 Good morning I decided once again that I had made the classic mistake of trying to push it too far and being too tired to deal effectively with the situation that came up although I survived and it was fine and there was nothing wrong with doing it the way I had I obviously had gone through some challenges I didn’t need to go next time I’ll just stop at the camp that was perfect called Camp two that I saw was just a beautiful bay would’ve been great for one night but I wanted to go to this island it to stop here in order to get the gear organized and to prepare for eventuality that I knew was ahead which was weather wind rain cold heat variations in the season and other things that I had planned on that I didn’t know for sure but was about to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

I really don’t know anything about Instagram except for that you couldn’t get Instagram unless you had an iPhone. Honestly I don’t know if t...